Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Nintendo has announced Super Smash Bros. is now the fastest-selling Wii U game ever to release in the US after it managed to sell an impressive 490,000 units in just three days.

That number includes both physical and digital units sold between November 21 and 23, and means that the previous number one, Mario Kart 8, is relegated to second place. This now means the Smash Bros. franchise has sold more than 14 million units in the US alone since it first burst onto the scene back in 1999.

While this is great news, it's not unexpected. Before the game released, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime revealed pre-orders were at a record high. With Black Friday and Christmas still ahead of us, it should be interesting to see what effect this will have on the console's sales figures.
source

Really is a great game.

I have no doubt it's a great game. The Smash Bros series are all pretty great games. (Since we only really get one per generation... they have to be good.)

And I also have no doubt it'd sell well too. Frankly Nintendo's biggest problem with their 8th gen console was lack of games. People weren't buying them because there was little to play. They were hungry for games. And now that there are some games, more will buy the console...

VirusZero said:
I have no doubt it's a great game. The Smash Bros series are all pretty great games. (Since we only really get one per generation... they have to be good.)

And I also have no doubt it'd sell well too. Frankly Nintendo's biggest problem with their 8th gen console was lack of games. People weren't buying them because there was little to play. They were hungry for games. And now that there are some games, more will buy the console...
made me buy a Wii U.

I may just buy the Wii U to play the game myself. Its looks like so much fun, and a great build off from earlier versions. Gosh there are so many gaming systems I need to buy. I'm so behind. XD 

Good to finally see Nintendo do something right.  I've been very frustrated with them not having a true console since the gamecube, since the Wii is a gimmick and the DS's are just clunky smartphones now.

Maybe this is the first step in reviving the company.

Back