Becalmed at sea or crashing on an island?

Heatman

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Assuming that you're left with the option of being becalmed at sea or crashing on an unknown island, which one do you think would be a lot more easier for you to get through with and get back to safety?

Assuming that you're left with the option of being becalmed at sea or crashing on an unknown island, which one do you think would be a lot more easier for you to get through with and get back to safety?

The sea would be a better option especially when there are sea ships passing through that particular route.

I feel the sea would be safer because there is a smaller chance of encountering dangerous animals like bears on an islands.

There may also be sea ships, and airplanes which can see me in the sea, and rescue me.

If I have enough supplies to last me for a while, being at sea would be a better option. You never can tell what you're going to encounter in an unknown island.

Every reply in the thread says staying at sea is better because of encountering random animals....did you all forget about sharks? Lol.

I would skip being at sea. I would prefer an island with food and shelter. Avoiding seasickness would keep me together.

I would pick the island. I feel we have more of a success at staying alive. At sea, you are just on the small boat, raft & how would you catch fish to eat? & unless you have a tarp, you don't have clean water to catch. An island may have coconuts which would help supply both the food & water aspect. Plus you can get out of the rain & elements quicker.
We recently watched Castaway with Tom Hanks again so this is on my head lol Of course, he had FedEx packages washing ashore to help.

I think I would like to crash on an uncharted island rather than die at sea. I should be pretty safe since I'll never go on a boat or fly in a plane lol. :rofl:

Back